Background and Goals
- Pump station built in 1897 with existing capacity at 60 MGD.
- Main project goal was rehabilitation of the existing building structure, electrical systems and pumping systems.
- Rebuilt four (4) vertical turbine pumps (1,000 HP, 2-1,500 HP and 2,500 HP)
- Constructed electrical mezzanine above highest recorded floodwater levels with replacement of the electrical distribution system equipment and installation of a new 4,160 volt switchgear unit.
- Restored historical façade by repointing/replacing exterior brick and sandstone, installing new windows to match original architecture and installing new copper standing seam roofing.
- Complete restoration of historical building to its original classic condition.
- Assured continuous, safe and reliable water service.